Kent's campus has been recognized as one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Gifts to Capital Funds help to improve and sustain our campus.
Through a combination of charitable support and operating revenue support, every building on campus has been newly built or renovated since the consolidation of our campus in 1992.
Notable capital projects include:
- Construction of six new faculty homes
- Construction of a new Fitness Center
- Renovation of Dining Hall Dorm to create the Center for Music Studies
- Renovation of Mattison Auditorium to create a Teaching Theatre
- Construction of Hoerle Hall
- Installation of Roof Top Solar Arrays
- Installation of Two Turf fields
- Purchase of the Applied Sciences & Pre-Engineering Center
- Renovation of the Student Center
- Renovation of each Dorm Common Room
- Renovation of Faculty apartments
- Renovation of North Dorm
- Construction of the Benjamin Waring Partridge Rowing Center
- Renovation of the Dining Hall
- Purchase of residential homes in town to increase and improve the inventory of faculty homes
To further enhance the beauty of our campus, Kent is now a Pedestrian campus. By building new parking lots, the only vehicles on campus are those of resident faculty.
Current Capital projects include the construction of six International Squash Courts. For more information about this project, please click here.