Summer Educational Experience at Kent (SEEK)
Each summer, Kent offers programs designed to give high school students, including those who will be beginning ninth grade, the chance to experience engineering, entrepreneurship, Global Development, and more with top professors from around the globe.
“Needless to say, Elizabeth’s experience at SEEK was truly life-changing. If Elizabeth becomes an engineer, it is because of the amazing introduction she had to engineering through the SEEK program.”
~ Tamara Stepton, mother of a SEEK participant
MasterChef Jr. has inspired millions of kids to up their skills in the kitchen and aspire to careers in the culinary arts. For the first time in the United States, the culinary experts at MasterChef have opened the doors to Camp MasterChef so that all children have the opportunity to live this unique and magical experience as if they were on MasterChef Jr.
Camp MasterChef opened in June of 2018 in Kent, CT. One or two-week overnight camps were themed to include special competitions, hands-on cooking lessons, outdoor sports activities and interactive challenges. Kent School held the first edition of Camp MasterChef in the US summer.
Endemol Shine North America, producer of MasterChef and MasterChef Jr. and FOX TV joined forces with experts in summer learning experiences to launch Camp MasterChef, where kids will improve their culinary capabilities.
- Camp MasterChef is an immersive culinary experience designed for kids and teens ages 8-16.
- Campers sharpen their culinary skills under instruction from expert chefs. They also develop healthy lifestyle and personal growth skills alongside training by a staff of culinary professionals and counselors.
- In addition to culinary activities, Campers participate in sports and outdoor activities and will enjoy amazing theme parties every night
- Campers interact with MasterChef and MasterChef Junior contestants.
- Camp includes comfortable dormitories, open fields, modern sports facilities, swimming, and other amenities to make it a summer to remember.
The Camp MasterChef mission is to engage aspiring home cooks with an exciting, enriching culinary experience. Campers develop strong cooking capabilities, healthy lifestyle habits, and personal growth skills while having the time of their lives. Through team challenges and competitions, they form strong connections and create unforgettable memories together.
The camp welcomes all skill levels and offers various culinary programs and activities based on age and experience. For detailed information and to register for Camp MasterChef, please visit http://www.campmasterchef.com.
Joel Ross Tennis Camp
Joel Ross Tennis Camp will be returning to Kent School for its 29th year.
Residential campers come from 1-5 weeks beginning June 30 thru August 5 & can choose tennis or squash in one week increments.