Dear Kent Alumni,
The Kent School Alumni Council serves to deepen the alumni’s relationships with each other and the School, and in return to be the voice of the 9,400-person alumni community. Assisting the Alumni Council are dedicated alumni who lead the 25 Regional Alumni Groups, building small Kent communities in their cities, reconnecting friends, and building new friendships amongst alumni who share the special bond of the Kent experience and the ideals of Simplicity of Life, Directness of Purpose, and Self-Reliance. As one alumna who recently joined the Alumni Council said, “Kent makes good people you really want to be around.”
This year the 23 members of the Alumni Council will focus on five efforts, and we invite you to join us:
- Improve Kent’s social media content and traffic to tell the world what an extraordinary school we have.
- Work with young alumni to develop ways to make Kent relevant and rewarding for our newest generation of future alumni leaders.
- Ensure that Class Volunteers have the information and resources they need so their efforts are effective and rewarding.
- Host the second annual “Experience Kent” forum during Reunion Weekend when alumni can see how exciting Kent is today and learn about its strategy for developing distinctive academic, athletic, and extracurricular programs.
- Partner with Kent Admissions to encourage great prospective families to attend Kent.
We ask you to help Kent’s students, faculty, staff, and alumni by:
- Exploring the website to learn more about the exciting Kent of today
- Updating your contact information and downloading the mobile Kent app so you can find your lost friends and make new ones
- Speaking well of Kent and explaining the benefits of our boarding school education to parents who want more for their children’s education
- Considering giving generously to Kent to help bridge the gap between the cost of tuition and the actual cost of providing the extraordinary opportunities available to every student
- Coming back to campus. You will see that every building has been renovated or recently built, and the campus is beautiful.
- Contacting me to tell me what Kent means to you. I would love to hear from you!
- On behalf of the School, the Alumni and Development office, and the Alumni Council, thank you for your support.
Ernest Franklin ’87
President, Alumni Council