How to Apply for Need-Based Financial Aid
Parents of new applicants should indicate that they intend to apply for financial aid on the Parent Form of the Application for Admission.
By February 1
- All financial aid applicants must submit a completed Parent Financial Statement (PFS) to the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS). The PFS can be submitted as early as Oct. 2. If tax information is not yet available at the time of filing the PFS, please use estimated figures.
- New U.S. applicants must submit signed copies of 2016 federal tax return(s) (1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) including all W-2s, 1099s and schedules, to SSS. If self-employed, please submit corresponding K-1s, forms 1065 or 1120s along with your schedule E.
- New and Returning U.S. applicants must submit copies of all 2017 W-2s and 1099s, to SSS (if applicable).
- New and Returning U.S. applicants must submit Form(s) 4506T. Please note that this form is required in addition to the tax returns, not in place of them. It should be sent to SSS regardless of the IRS mailing instructions on the document itself.
- International students must complete an International Student Financial Aid Profile and submit to SSS, along with income verification documents for 2016 and 2017.
By February 15
- All U.S. Students must submit signed copies of 2017 federal tax return(s) (1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) including all W-2s, 1099s and schedules, to SSS. If self-employed, please submit corresponding K-1s, forms 1065 or 1120s along with your schedule E.
Kent School reserves the right to require additional documentation or explanation of unusual circumstances to determine eligibility for financial aid.
February 20: Re-enrollment paperwork is posted on the Re-Enrollment Portal for returning students
February 27: Signed Re-enrollment agreements due for returning students
March 10: Financial Aid decisions are posted on the Enrollment Portal for families of new applicants
April 10: Signed Enrollment agreements and deposits due for newly enrolled students