How to Apply for Need-Based Financial Aid
Parents of new applicants should indicate that they intend to apply for financial aid on the Parent Form of the Application for Admission.
By February 1
Note: All supporting application documents must be submitted to SSS to attach to the Parent Financial Statement; nothing comes directly to Kent School
- ALL New and Returning financial aid applicants must submit a completed Parent Financial Statement (PFS) to the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS). The PFS can be submitted as early as Oct. 2. If 2018 tax information is not yet available at the time of filing the PFS, please use estimated figures.
- New U.S. applicants must submit signed copies of 2016 and 2017 federal tax return(s) (1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) including all W-2s, 1099s and major schedules, to SSS. Submission of corresponding K-1s, forms 1065 or 1120s along with the schedule E is required for all who have an ownership interest in a partnership or corporation.
- New U.S. applicants must submit Form(s) 4506T. Please note that this form is required in addition to the tax returns, not in place of them. It should be sent to SSS regardless of the IRS mailing instructions on the document itself. Complete lines 1-4, enter 12/31/16 and 12/31/17 on line 9, sign and submit to SSS along with tax return copies.
- ALL International students must complete an International Student Financial Aid Profile
- New International students submit to SSS, along with income verification documents for 2016 and 2017.
By February 15
- New and Returning U.S. applicants with 2018 wage earnings and/or 1099 income must submit copies of all 2018 W-2s and 1099s.
Kent School reserves the right to require additional documentation or explanation of unusual circumstances to determine eligibility for financial aid.
February: Returning aid recipients are typically notified early in February about financial aid for the coming year on our re-enrollment portal and asked to commit to re-enrollment toward the end of the month.
March 10: Financial Aid decisions are posted on the enrollment portal for families of new applicants
April 10: Signed enrollment agreements and deposits are due for newly enrolled students